Sunday, February 3, 2013

Elizabeth and the "Evil Tourette's Syndrom"

First of all, I just want to mention two things before I write what I was going to write.

  1. I mean no disrespect to people who do suffer from Tourette's Syndrome.
  2. I love my wife and I post this in good humor when it comes to her wonderful personality.
I've noticed a couple times that my wife tends to do some weird things when she gets really excited. One of those things is when she raises her gnarled fist and at me makes an evil-sounding hiss. It's extremely funny and disturbing at the same time. If she and I didn't laugh about it afterwards, I would probably be a lot more concerned than I am now.

We were driving to Walmart the other night when she did the very same thing I mentioned above. She seems to do it in response to the heat of excitement she was in at the time. I can't remember the circumstances, but immediately after she did it, I determined to label this odd phenomenon that (as I suppose) I had not noticed before.

"Evil Tourett's Syndrome" I called it. This is because Elizabeth, for some reason, turns inexplicably evil for about a good 2 seconds before she notices my recoiling expression and we both break down into helpless laughter.

There are a lot of things I love about my wife and her personality (which is why I married her) but turning inexplicably evil  for two seconds has just taken a trophy in my book. I hope she doesn't hate me for this post but realizes instead that each of us have these quirks that we love about each other and makes us extremely unique. I hope that she can love me for mine as well.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment